Monday, April 27, 2009

Post draft

Well, I have to say that I am very much relieved as to the Redskins' draft choices. I was very worried that they were going to move up and grab Sanchez. They did not, and actuall were able to hit 4 out of 5 need positions in the draft. I could have done without the WR they drafted at the end, but I guess they can't go without drafting a "sexy" position. Regardless, it appears that the players they selected are rather good, and should contribute to the team. Now all they need is to grab a couple of OL from the undrafted lot, and they should be good.

Needless to say, I, along with many other Redskins fans, are looking forward to the season. Not only did the Redskins draft needed positions, but they kept the main core of the Offense intact. A second season in the same offense, with the same players, is going to do wonders for the team. Just adding a few OL should make for a very solid Offense. The D got a boost as well, at the line, which they also needed, as they were the worst team in sacks and getting to the QB. Hopefully they will do a lot better, with the two new players added to the roster.

I'm praying that the rest of the offseason will go without any major news coming from Redskins Park, other than free agent/undrafted rookie signings for the OL. I think they have made a big enough splash this offseason to keep in par with what they do around this time, so Snyder should be happy with making headlines and hopefully won't be looking to make any more. With that being said, I for one will not be shocked to see something outrageous happening in the next couple of months.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment